Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Farwell to yesterday

Little Locked Box of my Heart:

At first you were just a dream, a figment of my imagination. Imagine my surprise when I see you in real life. I waited so long to talk to you, but we're still strangers. The night is haunted by dreams of you. Most of them come true within a week. I'm beyond shock by now. You're in my mind 24/7. Each second is harder to live than the last. How much longer do I have to wait? I can't spend my life sitting here, waiting for you. I have to live my life. So I'll put you in a box, lock it up, and keep it in my heart. Now I'm as free as a bird. I'm no longer chained by thoughts of you. I'm alive once more. Someday you might love me, but until then, you'll remain in the little locked box of my heart.

4 comments:

  1. I have the urge to hug you and smack you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you are blogging
    Hang in there with this craziness, for "this too shall pass" in some form or another.
    We still should go do something so you can tell me the rest of the story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sort of remind me of myself.... around the turn of the year i made peace with being single.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this, it- it really says a lot..

    btw; i tagged you..
    if you could- see my blog for more info.

    ReplyDelete